LONE EAGLE OBSERVER HAS MOVED (AGAIN!)!

YES, THIS MAKES THE THIRD MOVE IN A MONTH
BUT THIS WILL BE THE LAST MOVE!
LONE EAGLE OBSERVER NOW HAS
ITS OWN DOMAIN AND WEB HOSTING SERVICE!
COME JOIN US TODAY!


HTTP://WWW.CHARLESAHALL.US

DONATE TODAY TO LONE EAGLE OBSERVER!

Charles A. Hall: "We are asking for donations totaling $100.00 USD to help buy a domain name and web hosting service for Lone Eagle Observer. Please donate today to LEO and help us advance to the next step!" (Read More Here).

Progress: $0.00 of $100.00

I proudly support TserverHQ.com

Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Constitution: Too Hard to Understand?

Today I have been tweeting and reading tweets from other individuals that I follow.  I get a lot of material and thoughts going by reading my Twitter feed and the people I follow.  I get a lot of great news sources and things to write about.  I was looking for something to write about today because I already have topics ready to roll basically from Friday (Dec 31st) to the second week in January.  So I was reading the incoming tweets and read this tweet from @:
"RT @: Ezra Klein: Constitution too hard to understand "
So I was said to myself, "Okay, why does this guy think the Constitution is too hard to understand."  Here is the video clip that I watched:

 

I couldn't DISAGREE more with this individual!  (WARNING: Personal opinion incoming!)  I believe the Left continuely think Americans are just too stupid to understand the Constitution.  Well, lets look at a few of my favorite parts of the Constitution:

Article I, Section 8 (Powers of Congress), Paragraph 4:
"To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;"
 Here the United States Congress has the power to establish a way for non-Americans to become Citizens of the United States (to be naturalized).  This is all it says about immigration in the Constitution.  So does that mean the States can regulate the flow of immigrates into their states?  According to the Tenth Amendment it does!  Okay, I'm twenty-five and I understand this part of the Constitution just fine.

Article I, Section 8, Paragraph 3:
"To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian tribes."
This is the power of Congress that was used the most to pass ObamaCare.  "To regulate Commerce" to the Mighty Left is to make you buy a product or get penalized.  I know this power of Congress is designed for corporations, not individual citizens, but it does effect citizens because of the way Congress regulates the corporations of America.  If Congress has a "regulation tax" of 50% of a company's goods their prices will go up and who gets the bill: the citizens.  Again, I'm twenty-five and understand this part of the Constitution just fine.  One more, my favorite.

The Second Amendment:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free States, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Alright, so the Second Amendment is saying the people, average Joe Smith citizen, has the RIGHT to KEEP (have) and BEAR (take with them) Arms (firearms) and that this RIGHT "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" (emphasis added).  According to Webster, infringe means: "to encroach upon..."  Now what does encroach mean?  "To enter by gradual steps or by stealth into the possessions or rights of another" and "to advance beyond the usual or proper limits."  So, what is so hard to understand about the Second Amendment?  The People have the right to have and keep with them firearms at all times and government has no power to infringe on this right.  Again, twenty-five years old, a little definition understand research, and I understand this part of the Constitution just fine.

I believe the Left and the powers that be just think average Americans are too stupid to understand the Constitution.  Personally I'm getting sick of this mentally that Americans - ME! - are too stupid to understand Its words.  I have a copy of the Constitution on my desk and refer to it often (click here to get a copy for #1.50).  On my iPod Touch I have a copy of the Constitution.  I have a whole college textbook on the United States Government and I refer to it often.  How is it at twenty-five years old with some college education can I understand the Constitution better than those in Washington, D.C. who have sworn to "protect and defend" it?  That I don't understand, but the Constitution I do understand.

1 comment:

  1. Hey
    That is a very nice way to reveal things. I am extremely impressed along with your writing skills and also with the layout for your web blog.

    ReplyDelete